Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Are You Having An Orkutie Christmas?

I think the one thing I like about Christmas is that almost everybody (at least everybody that I meet) tends to swallow their pride and smile to complete strangers. The second thing I enjoy about Christmas is the presents! (although I enjoy giving out presents more than receiving...unless its a gift card of course!)

Speaking of presents, one cool thing I like about Orkut is that I can see what my friends want thanks to the wish list underneath their profile (and everybody knows finding the perfect gift is half the battle).

Aside from the materialistic part of giving, some Orkut members have started preparing for the holidays and here is what I noticed while surfing the forums:

  • Over in the I LOVE CHRISTMAS community, Wences Laus started a holiday countdown early last month and it seems to be winding down as Christmas is approaching. (note: I wonder who will be the first to post Merry Christmas?)


  • Wences Laus also seems to have started a Carol of the day in the SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS forum, although I am not sure if his friends made it all the way through this month.


  • Over in the Christmas Birthday forum, it seems users are discussing the age old irony of being born on December 25th, and how they are celebrating it.


As for me, I've finished buying my gifts (although I do have to personalize them) although I may be blogging light as I prepare for the coming holidays.

For those of you who celebrate it, Merry Christmas! (and for my Jewish friends, Happy Belated Hanukkah!).

Personal Note: Since Google is already celebrating early, do you guys/gals think Orkut should do something similar on their front page?
Content Copyright 2005-2007 of Inside Orkut. All Rights Reserved. Violators (and hosts) can be prosecuted under national and international laws.

No comments: