Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Toperkut: A New Orkut Proxy?

Note: I have not had much time to review Orkut forums and highlight them this week, although I will try to catch up next week (as well as any hacks that I see).

I came across this site from a scrap by Elektra. The site is currently down right now (at least for me) but it should be back up pretty soon.



The name of the site is called Torperkut, and it seems to allow you to browse Orkut undetected. It is also equipped with a chat room feature, although unless you speak Portuguese very well you may not find many friends inside.

Basically it seems to be a Brazilian proxy for Orkut, probably created for either political, personal or business (i.e. spamming) reasons.

The site seems secure to my knowledge (as in it does not appear to be a phisher) although you may have to verify that for yourself.

I will upload some screen shots of the site later on (if it is working for me) although if anyone else has (or is) able to try it out, let me know your thoughts about it below.

Update (11/1): Corrected spelling of Torperkut as well as links.

No comments: