Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Is Picasa Advertising On Orkut?

Ironically, this seems very familiar to what Joga did last year. The only difference is that the Picasa team seems to be placing the ad in a much more convenient place inside of the Orkut Albums. Dreamchaser gives the details...

(Dreamchaser's Blog) [W]hile I was checking out one of my friends profile page I wanted to check her album and when I navigated to the album page right beneath the display picture next to options I could see a new ad pop in which read "Find, Edit and share your photos - Google's photo organizer" which when clicked would re-direct to Picasa's Home Page. [...]

The integration of such ads at Album Page is a really good marketting [sic] way to push Google's product that specilizes in Photo organizing and editing. Way to go google!


You can see a larger screen shot over here.

I have not seen the ad yet, although to be honest I do not frequently scroll through Orkut albums, unless of course people are hosting some recent drawings they have done (yeah, I'm an art fan).

Although it is cool to see Picasa advertising inside Orkut, what would really make my day is if Google substituted the Orkut albums for Picasa Albums, as users would be able to actually comment, share and edit each other images without having to download them manually.
Content Copyright 2005-2007 of Inside Orkut. All Rights Reserved. Violators (and hosts) can be prosecuted under national and international laws.

No comments: