Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Orkut For My Mobile Phone?

While I was out and about today, finding out what was happening in life via Google News Mobile, I wondered whether or not if I could surf Orkut via my mobile phone (since Facebook, currently popular in America allows you to do this).

To my surprise I discovered that mobile is not available for Orkut yet as Google states:

Currently, orkut.com isn't compatible with mobile devices. To access your orkut profile, please try logging in using your computer's web browser.


Being the natural geek that I am, I started googling for "alternative results" and discovered Opera Mini which allows you to view the web through their mini browser. You need to make sure the browser can work in your phone first, and if so, have fun.

Unfortunately I was out of luck with Opera, and tried experimenting with Widsets instead. Widsets seems to be a great program, although my phone was not very pleased with the java it spit at me.

So, basically I am mobiless on Orkut, but if anyone is able to get any of these programs to work for their phone (AND log onto Orkut) let us all know by posting here.

No comments: