Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You Gotta Love Google...

This post is totally unrelated to Orkut, but nonetheless it does affect this blog site in an indirect-sort-of way.

(Blogger Buzz) The new version of Blogger now supports using a custom domain for serving your blog. If you already own a domain named, say, mysite.com and want your blog to be served at that address instead of at a blogspot.com address, we can host your blog on that domain for you — for free. Your old Blog*Spot address will forward to your new custom domain, so the switch will be seamless for your readers.


Ironically, it was not too long ago that I was considering "going pro" with this blog by having it on its own domain. I've already dabbled with Word Press, Vox and Moveable Type, and with the exception of Vox was not too thrilled over the "overall feel" of the sites.

Vox was great, but you could not host in on your own domain (so that left me at square one) while the Blogger FTP reminded me of the reason why I hated the old Blogger.

Until I can work out all of the bugs on the migration (with this blog as well as others) there will not be any new posts for a day (or two at most).

I will however be checking my email and scrap book, as well as checking out some of those cool forums you guys (and girls) have been sending me. :-)
Content Copyright 2005-2007 of Inside Orkut. All Rights Reserved. Violators (and hosts) can be prosecuted under national and international laws.

No comments: